Religious Education is taught in accordance with the rites, practices and teachings of the Catholic Church. These teachings are found in all areas of the curriculum and every subject is used to proclaim the Gospel message, links in learning provide the children with opportunities to make connections. The whole aim of the school is to nurture the spiritual growth of your child in their relationship with God the Father.
Our academy follows the curriculum strategy – Learning and Growing as the People of God – provided by the Archdiocese of Birmingham for teaching RE in a Catholic primary school. This contains units of work taught in each year group and contains the common strands of scripture, the sacraments, life in Christ and prayer. Children are taught in an age appropriate manner and are helped to understand in depth the teachings of Jesus and the Church.
Please click on the PDF documents to access the syllabus of each year group.
In addition to the diocesan strategy, each class group has a multi faith focus running throughout the year, where they focus on other faiths including visits to places of worship.
Religious Education Documents
- RE LTP 23_24 SSMJ Updated.pdf pdf131.5 KbNov 10th, 2023
- Y6 RE curriculum.pdf pdf3.9 MbJun 15th, 2023
- Y5 RE curriculum.pdf pdf4.1 MbJun 15th, 2023
- Y4 RE curriculum.pdf pdf3.7 MbJun 15th, 2023
- Y3 RE curriculum.pdf pdf3.9 MbJun 15th, 2023
- Y2 RE curriculum.pdf pdf3.7 MbJun 15th, 2023
- Y1 RE curriculum.pdf pdf4.5 MbJun 15th, 2023
- Reception RE curriculum.pdf pdf4.4 MbJun 15th, 2023
- SSMJ overview of RE with vocabulary.doc.pdf pdf174.1 KbJun 15th, 2023