SS. Mary and John’s Catholic Primary Academy follows the Archdiocese of Birmingham Policy on Admissions and is also part of the Wolverhampton Local Authority Co-ordinated scheme for admissions. Our Admission Policy is reviewed annually and published in accordance with both statutory requirements and Local Authority arrangements.
Admission into Reception Class at the Start of the School Year:
If you wish to register your child for a place at SS. Mary and John’s Catholic Primary Academy for entry into Reception Class at the beginning of the Academic Year (September) you will need to apply using the Application Forms supplied on behalf of the Academy through Wolverhampton Local Authority Co-ordinated Admissions scheme. The admissions team are based at Civic Centre, St Peters Square, Wolverhampton. Telephone: 01902 555555.
Admission into any Year Group at Anytime of the School Year:
Admissions are co-ordinated by Wolverhampton City Council and Parents need to register their preference with the Local Authority who collate waiting lists. Where places are over -subscribed, the Academy Admission Committee then use the admission criteria set out in the Admission Policy to ‘rank’ the waiting list. Places are offered using the strict criteria defined in the policy.
Children who have a statement of special educational need or Education & Health Care Plan which names the Academy as the preferred choice of school will be admitted where places are available. All pupils with SEN are admitted on an equal basis with others in accordance with the admissions policy.
The Academy is part of the Wolverhampton Catholic Cluster Group where any Appeals for Reception Class Entry, at the usual time of entry, are managed through a co-ordinated Appeals Process. The dates for Appeals are set and published annually.
- Application for an Independent Admission Appeal.pdf pdf101.5 KbMar 30th, 2021
- School Admission Appeal Timetable 2021 pdf65.9 KbMar 30th, 2021
- SS Mary and John's Admission Policy 2022 2023 (1).pdf pdf707.1 KbMar 12th, 2021
- Admissions Policy 2021:2022.pdf pdf371.0 KbAug 12th, 2020
- Final Determined Admission Policy 2017 2018 SSMJ pdf256.7 KbAug 3rd, 2020
- 2020 2021 Admission Policy SSMJ pdf633.8 KbAug 3rd, 2020
- 2019 / 2020 Admission Policy SSMJ pdf3.6 MbJan 27th, 2019